Tonsils and Adenoids –Avoid surgery-Save Health
Now days, many children in the society are affected by tonsillitis, as there is a wonderful treatment for Tonsillitis in homoeopathy surgery is not necessary and advisable now a days because, Tonsils are the “police man” of the throat. It is like a policeman, which guards against infective organism from being invading the body or being localized and cause inflammation in tonsils so it is called as “Tonsillitis”. Moreover Tonsillitis being lymphoid tissues which gives immunity to the body. It produces lymphocytes which are called as an “Antibody” which fight against infective organism and guards the body free from infection.
If the tonsils are removed then
i. We will loss the immunity, and then the infection directly enters the “Mid Chest”.
ii. During operation, fatal condition may happen.
iii. After effects of operation we have loss of voice and change in tones.
These are all the hazards of “Tonsillectomy”. Hence Tonsillectomy should be avoided, so Homoeopathy is the best treatment to be adopted for tonsillitis. Here by we see the efficacy of homoeopathy in Tonsils and adenoids
INSIGHT INTO TONSILLECTOMY AND ADENOIDECTOMY:
- Tonsils and adenoids are masses of tissue that are similar to the lymph nodes or "glands” found in the neck, groin, and armpits.
- Tonsils are the two masses on the back of the throat. Adenoids are high in the throat behind the nose and the roof of the mouth (soft palate) and are not visible
- Through the mouth without special instruments.
- Tonsils and adenoids are near the entrance to the breathing passages where they can catch incoming germs, which cause infections.
- Scientists believe they work as part of the body's immune system by filtering germs that attempt to invade the body and those they help to develop antibodies to germs.
- This happens primarily during the first few years of life, becoming less important as we get older. Children who must have their tonsils and adenoids
- Removed suffer no loss in their resistance.
WHAT AFFECTS TONSILS AND ADENOIDS?
The most common problems affecting the tonsils and adenoids are recurrent infections (throat or ear) and significant enlargement or obstruction that causes breathing and swallowing problems.
Abscesses around the tonsils, chronic tonsillitis, and infections of small pockets within the tonsils that produce foul-smelling, cheese-like formations can also affect the tonsils and adenoids, making them sore and swollen. Tumours are rare, but can grow on the tonsils.
TONSILLITIS AND ITS SYMPTOMS:
Tonsillitis is an infection in one or both tonsils. One sign is swelling of the tonsils.
Other signs or symptoms are:
- Redder than normal tonsils
- A white or yellow coating on the tonsils
- A slight voice change due to swelling
- Sore throat
- Uncomfortable or painful swallowing
- Swollen lymph nodes (glands) in the neck
- Bad breath
SYMPTOMS OF ENLARGED ADENOIDS
If adenoids are enlarged, it may be hard to breathe through the nose.
Other signs of constant enlargement are:
- Breathing through the mouth instead of the nose most of the time
- Nose sounds "blocked" when the person speaks
- Noisy breathing during the day
- Recurrent ear infections
- Snoring at night
- Breathing stops for a few seconds at night during snoring or loud breathing (sleep apnoea)
SAVE TONSILS BY TAKING HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES
- Tonsils may be considered as two guards standing at the entrance (throat) and protecting the human system against a wide range of intruders such as bacteria, virus, allergens, etc.,
- Tonsils are natural protectors and vital organs of self-defence mechanism of the body. They are like the soldiers fighting on the border who get injured (inflamed) protecting the country.
- Surgical removal of the tonsils (tonsillectomy) is a medico-surgical controversy since years.
- The homoeopathic medical fraternity has always believed in the philosophy of conserving, supporting and encouraging the body's own defence powers. With correct homoeopathic medication, it becomes possible to SAVE TONSILS.
CAUSES OF TONSILS:
Major cause is the infection. Certain bacteria (Most common being streptococcal group), viruses, and allergens are known to produce Tonsillitis. Tonsillitis may also occur as a result of certain allergy to food-preservatives, artificial colours, etc.
CAUSES FOR TONSILITIS:
- The commonest cause of tonsillitis is infection of the tonsils by micro-organisms. Certain bacteria (most common being the streptococcal group of bacteria), viruses, and allergens are known to produce tonsillitis. Allergens are usually in the form of certain food articles.
- Common food articles that can trigger tonsillitis are artificially
1. Colored jeera sweets like jangery, globjamun, etc.
2. Sour fruits, lemon, pineapple, grapes, oranges, etc.
4. Preservatives added to certain drinks
5. Cold food or drinks, ice- creams, etc.
- Environmental factors that may trigger an attack of tonsillitis are exposure to excessive cold weather, damp climate or change of weather. It must be borne in mind that bacteria and viruses tend to flourish in crowded areas and hence patients who are prone to tonsillitis can easily catch the infection in schools, parks, theatres, etc.
- All these factors contribute to lowering the immunity of the body and thus the tonsils got to infection by the micro-organisms.
- Another causative factor that can be of importance in the diagnosis of recurrent tonsillitis or chronic tonsillitis is genetic tendency. Recurrent tonsillitis is frequent in patients whose parents have also suffered from the same condition during childhood or adolescence.
- Thus it is not just one, but multiple factors that combine together to lower the immunity of the body and this in turn causes recurrent and chronic tonsillitis in patients.
SYMPTOMS OF TONSILITIS:
1. Sore throat: Pain in the throat is the most common presentation. However, young babies may not present with the pain but may present with an inability to eat.
2. Dysphagia: That is difficult swallowing. This may either be due to pain or due to huge increase in the size of the tonsils due to frequent inflammation.
3. Fever: Acute infection of the tonsils may present with moderate to high rise in body temperature. In case of septic foci on the tonsils, there may be fever with chills.
4. Apnoea: Sleep apnoea, a disturbed sleep disorder may occur due to an obstruction to the air passage due to heavily enlarged tonsils or adenoids. However, it is interesting to note that most children with sleep apnoea do not recover of this disorder after the removal of the tonsils. (This is because, in many cases, there are associated causes for apnoea, such as obesity, adenoids, small jaw, bony skull deformity (congenital), neuromuscular disorder, etc.)
5. Snoring: Due to obstructed air passage caused by the enlarged tonsils, snoring may be one of the symptoms in many children suffering from recurrent tonsillitis.
6. General symptoms:
Tonsillitis may be associated with
1. General fatigue
2. Tired feeling, body ache
3. Loss of appetite
4. Low energy level
5. Headache, etc.
7. On examination:
The attending doctor may have a look at the throat with a torch to find inflamed, red, congested tonsils. There may be visible septic foci (small pus pockets). Externally, one may palpate enlarged and mildly painful neck glands, indicating some more lymph glands in the neighbourhood.
- Recurring infection of the tonsils leads to frequent episodes of tonsillitis, which is a common paediatric disorder found world over.
- Frequent infections leads to certain changes in the lymphoid tissues of the tonsils making them enlarged in size. They may get enlarged to an extent that they may touch each other. They are called 'kissing tonsils'! Recurring septic tonsillitis may lead to some scarring on the tonsils making them less capable to fight against the future infection.
COMPLICATIONS OF UNTREATED TONSILITIS:
- The complications of untreated, recurring tonsillitis, when the tonsils fail to check the spread of the infection, include spread of the infection to the heart (Rheumatic Fever), kidneys (Glomerulonephritis), and lower respiratory tract (bronchitis).
- However, it may be noted that the said complications are relatively uncommon.
- Homoeopathy firmly believes in enhancing body's own defence mechanism to maintain the healthy status.
- Tonsils are looked upon as immunological booths. The homoeopathic approach is to encourage the immunological activities of the tonsils, and to save them for bodies own long term interest.
Tonsils are divided into four types they are
a) Acute Tonsils
b) Chronic Tonsils
c) Septic Tonsils and
d) Enlarged Tonsils
Homoeopathic medicines have excellent medicines for all types of Tonsils. With out producing any side effect.
Please click the following link